Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bruschetta



Do you know what it means when summer comes around? I do -- tomato season. It is the best time to buy tomatoes because it's their season to shine. Now, if you live in America, you probably didn't know that because markets here carry them year-round. Strange, huh? Makes you wonder where those tomatoes come from in December.

To be honest, I'm actually not a tomato-y person. Yeah, I'll say it...I dislike raw tomatoes. The only way you can get me to enjoy them in that state is when it is part of a salsa or in bruschetta. So there I was, standing at the market, looking at all the bright looking tomatoes -- Red ones, orange ones, and yellow ones. They actually looked really yummy, so I bought some.



The best way to make bruschetta is to toast the bread, rub garlic on it (gently, and not too much because the spice of the garlic will really kick in), and top it with the tomato mixture.



To make the topping, I cut up 1 tomato of each color, added 2 small cloves of garlic, a couple leaves of basil, and salt and pepper to season. And I tend to not use those meager baguettes, but the hearty french bread, just so you can put more on each piece of bread. Voila! Bruschetta!

No comments:

Post a Comment