Friday, July 22, 2011

The Real Deal Banana Bread



This banana bread recipe caused an uproar in my blogging world. Why? Because I found a healthy banana bread that is moist, fluffy, and banana-y. I even went back to a previous post on a different recipe and DELETED it forever from my blog! (Whaaaa?) This bread is from All Recipes' website. It's healthier and softer
than any other recipe I've tried, which is amazing considering it's whole wheat. And you know what's so great about banana bread? You can add other ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts to it, and it won't change the consistency of the bread itself.

You start with some ripe bananas.


Here's a trick I learned from someone, somewhere, I just don't remember where. When measuring honey in a normal measuring cup, it's best to spray some oil into the cup before you add the honey. This will reduce the amount of honey that gets stuck to the cup rather than going into your bowl. Genius, I know.


Mix all the ingredients just until combined. Too much stirring will cause the bread to lose its soft quality.


So here it is. The only banana bread I will ever make in my future from All Recipes:

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  3. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing.

*I added chocolate chips to only half of the loaf because my dad and I love them, but my mom likes it simple. Add whatever you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment