Saturday, November 12, 2011

Green Tea Kasutera



A friend of mine recently gave me matcha green tea powder from Japan, and I've been very careful with what I use it for. It's precious stuff, not to mention expensive! I found a wonderful recipe for kasutera, a Japanese type of bread. It's supposed to have a similar consistency with pound cake, but perhaps not as dense. My cake turned out really light and soft.

I took this recipe and adapted it by replacing 2 grams of flour with green tea powder. The result is a delicate, fluffy bread that my family and I love. I believe kasutera is not supposed to be fluffy, but mine was. It was probably because I didn't have the time/patience to sit there with the eggs and whip 'em up slowly. I'll have to try mixing the eggs a little slower next time. Kasutera is somewhat temperamental, so show it some love, and it'll love you right back.

Ingredients:
8 whole "large" eggs
300g sugar
198g all-purpose
2g matcha green tea powder
1/2 cup milk


Directions adapted from Just Hungry.
I didn't want to write it all out here, so you can just go to the original website and follow their directions. They're pretty thorough!


No comments:

Post a Comment